- Senior Technology
- Senior Concierge Service
- Private Duty Nursing
- In-Home Care
- Interactive Caregiving™
- 24 Hour Home Care
- Respite Care
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care
- Veterans Care and Benefits
- End of Life Care
- Transitioning Home
- Hospital to Home Program
- Aging in Place Program
- Workers Compensation
Private Duty Nursing MN in Anoka, Blaine, Andover and White Bear Lake
Quality private duty nursing MN services for seniors in the Northern Twin Cities and Minneapolis area.
While many family members or professional caregivers are initially sufficient to meet the initial care needs for a senior, what happens when those needs begin to intensify and the senior requires regular medical attention? This is where Comfort Keepers of Blaine steps in with our private duty nursing MN. Our private nursing provides the medical care your senior loved one needs to maintain their independence, thus allowing seniors with more intensive care needs to remain in the comfort of their own home instead of a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
What is Private Duty Nursing?
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nursing MN provides a highly skilled Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) to visit your loved one and assist or take care of medical tasks. While private duty nursing does focus more on the senior’s medical needs, all nurses are still trained in our Interactive CaregivingTM model. This means that each nurse will take an active interest in your senior loved one and engage them in the care process when able. Services provided through nursing care include:
- Setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or in automated medication dispensing machines to ensure medications are administered in correct dosages and at correct times
- Administering various medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and ear drops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Providing personal medical in the form of nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician ordered sliding scale dosages, as well as drawing and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Training family members to provide care
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nursing MN is available to assist clients through regularly scheduled nursing visits or with hourly care over extended shifts. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each nurse will work closely with the client’s medical support team and family to ensure the highest quality of care.